Legendary investor Steve Forbes will be the keynote speaker of the Prairie Crest Capital Annual Ag Tech Investor Conference.
“This is an exciting time with agriculture in terms of high tech being wedded to agriculture,” said Forbes. “Investment in Ag Tech is exploding with growing experimentation and people’s demands on how we feed the world. The Midwest is poised to lead with the continued expansion and growth of cutting-edge ideas.”
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds will kick off the Nov. 9, 2017, conference at the Hy-Vee Hall at the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines with opening remarks showcasing the key role Iowa plays in the future of agriculture.
“Iowa’s rich history in agriculture allows for the state to focus in on unique investment opportunities,” said Reynolds. “Whether it is an innovative swine vaccine or planting GPS capabilities, Iowa is leading and we welcome others to join in these ventures.”
Throughout the course of the morning, agricultural investors from across the country will participate in moderated panel discussions featuring a variety of topics. Special guests include:
- Ewa Kozicz, Columbia Business School alumna, currently working on a new investment platform with a focus on sustainability in agriculture at Anthelion Capital in New York, N.Y.;
- Dr. Spencer Maughan, partner at Finistere LLC in San Francisco, California;
- Jan Bouten, partner at Innova Fund in Memphis, Tennessee, and
- Claire Kinlaw, director of agriculture practice at Larta Institute in Los Angeles, California.
Find more information about speakers and see the full list at prairiecrestcapital.com/speakers.
Accelerators participating in the event include:
- Sprint Accelerator, Kansas City, Missouri,
- Tech Stars, Minneapolis, Minnesota,
- Iowa AgriTech Accelerator, Des Moines, Iowa, and
- State University Start Up Engine, Ames, Iowa.
The afternoon discussions will focus on the role university ecosystems play in the agriculture investment environment. Featured speakers include:
- Zachary Ellis of The Ohio State University,
- Daniel Dawes of Purdue University,
- Tom Field from the University of Nebraska,
- Dan Thompson from Kansas State University, and
- Kevin Kimle of Iowa State University.
The following companies will be presenting pitch ideas:
- Power Pollen,
- Natural Fiber Welding,
- Ag Pixel,
- Performance Livestock Analytics,
- Smart Ag,
- Quantified Ag, and
Iowa Secretary of Agriculture Bill Northey is expected to close out the event with remarks on agricultural developments in the United States. Northey is awaiting a Senate vote for being named USDA Undersecretary for Farm Production and Conservation.
The event is open to all interested in learning about and discussing the future of agricultural investment, and will provide networking opportunities throughout the day. Registration closes Nov. 6; more information, including hotel accommodations, can be found at prairiecrestcapital.com.
Source: Prairie Crest Capital