Environmental Protection Agency recently approved the first federal labels of dicamba for use on dicamba-tolerant cotton and soybeans.
A few interesting highlights from the dicamba labels include:
- Xtendimax with VaporGrip Technology can ONLY be tank-mixed with products that have been tested and found not to adversely affect off-site movement potential. A list of those products can be found at www.xtendimaxapplicationrequirements.com
- NO tank-mixes with AMS or UAN. These will increase formulation volatility.
- Only 1 nozzle type is permitted (TTI11004 with 63 PSI max)
- Must be applied in a minimum of 10 GPA
- Maximum ground speed is 15 MPH
- Maximum boom height of 24 inches above target pest or crop canopy
- Can only be applied when winds are between 3 MPH and 15 MPH (3 MPH to 10 MPH is optimum).
- Must maintain a 110 to 220 foot downwind buffer, depending upon rate, between the last treated row and the closest downwind field edge.
- A copy of the cotton label can be viewed here.
- A copy of the soybean label can be viewed here.
- Individual state labels might be slightly different. Check with local experts for latest information/label updates.