Row crops producers and other interested parties are encouraged to attend any of 12 meetings in early 2015 across Tennessee regarding the farm bill. University of Tennessee Extension, USDA-Farm Service Agency and Tennessee State University Cooperative Extension are conducting the free and open meetings.
Topics to be covered include farm Bill programs and decisions specific to row crop production in Tennessee such base acre Reallocation, yield updates, Agricultural Risk Coverage (ARC), Price Loss Coverage (PLC), Supplemental Coverage Option (SCO), FSA online decision aids
Learning more about ARC and PLC is extremely important for row crop producers who must make a one-time decision about base and yield updates by February 27, 2015, as well as ARC or PLC election by March 31, 2015. UT Extension specialists and FSA representatives will be in attendance to answer questions regarding ARC and PLC policy and procedure.
There will be 12 meetings:
- January 8, 9:30 a.m., Robertson County Fairgrounds
- January 20, 9 a.m., Putnam County Extension Office
- February 9, 9:30 a.m., Lincoln County Fairgrounds
- February 9, 2 p.m., Franklin County Extension Office
- February 11, 2 p.m., EMS Building, White Pine
- February 18, 9:30 a.m., Western Sizzlin’, Athens
- January 12, 1 p.m., Dyer County Fairgrounds
- January 13, 9 a.m., Ed Boling University Ctr., UT Martin
- January 14, 2 p.m., Madison County Extension Office
- January 15, 9 a.m., Agricenter International, Memphis
- February 4, 9 a.m., Lawrence County Extension Office
- February 17, 1 p.m., Montgomery County Extension Office
It is also important to note that each Tuesday, starting January 20 and concluding March 24, UT Extension will host a weekly 1-hour online webcast starting at 8:30 a.m. Central Time where producers and agri-industry members can ask questions and obtain information about farm bill programs and decisions.
Additional information is available at http://economics.ag.utk.edu/farmbill.html