The National Cotton Council has scheduled educational meetings across the Cotton Belt to provide in-depth information on insurance options for cotton under The Agricultural Act of 2014. Here are the dates, times and locations for the meetings to be held in the Southeast, which start in November.
Speakers at the meetings will talk about the new Stacked Income Protection Plan and the Supplemental Coverage Option. Coverage levels, expected yields and premium rates will be covered in detail in order to better equip producers with the information necessary to evaluate the insurance options for 2015. The sessions also will include an update on overall farm bill implementation. Each meeting will include a question-and-answer session.
NCC President and CEO Mark Lange said, “This new five-year comprehensive farm law features a greater reliance on crop insurance programs, and our producer members need to understand their options. As with our previous farm bill educational meetings in February, the Council encourages all producers, cotton industry firms and agribusinesses to attend any of these important meetings.”
The schedule of meetings listed for Southeastern states with local times:
- Dothan – November 19, 3 p.m. National Peanut Festival Fairgrounds - Volunteer Building, 5622 Highway 231 South
- Belle Mina – November 20, 9 a.m. Tennessee Valley Research & Extension Center, 9494 Experimental Loop
- Statesboro – November 18, 3 p.m. Bulloch County Ag Center, 151 Langston Chapel Road
- Tifton – November 19, 9 a.m. UGA Tifton Campus Conference Center, Small Auditorium, 15 RDC Road
- Rocky Mount – November 17, 9 a.m. East Carolina Agricultural & Education Center - Auditorium, 1175 Kingsboro Road
- Lumberton – November 17, 3 p.m. Southeastern NC Agricultural Events Center - Room 4/5, 1027 Highway 75 East
- Santee – November 18, 9 a.m. Family Development Center, 210 Brooks Boulevard
- Jackson – November 20, 9 a.m. West Tennessee Research & Education Center - Room A 605 Airways Boulevard